Project Template for dnnMvcBridge

Developer
Nov 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
HI Jesse,

I've been working with your DnnMvcBridge project. Thanks for your work on this! I have a project template built from your Sample Module that is working and I'd be happy to share it and get some feedback if you are interested.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Cheryl,

Sounds good, You can send your template to me ( jesse [at] jbeckton.com ). If your ok with it I can include it in this project and give you credit for your contribution.
Developer
Mar 10, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Hi Jesse,

Sorry it took so long for a response. When I tried to use my template before it had some problems. So I finally got a chance to get back to it this weekend and now have a template that "almost" works. If you want I'll send it to you and maybe you can take a look to what might be needed to finish it. Basically it works, but then you have to follow these three steps to get it to work completely:

1. Make project from mvcDNN template.
2. Change all occurrences of mvcDNN to mvcDNN1.
3. Change all occurrences of mvcDNN11 to mvcDNN1.

That's it and then the module is created. You can use the template to create multiple MVC modules inside your DNN install. It would be great if we could get this working. I know other people in the DNN Community who would like to start programming with MVC inside DNN. Let me know if you'd like the template so far and I'll send it to you.

Thanks very much,

Cheryl

Developer
Mar 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hi Jesse,

I think that the template is working now. You should have an email in your [email removed] account.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 3:51 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: RE: Project Template for dnnMvcBridge [DnnMvcBridge:465085]

Hi Jesse,

Sorry it took so long for a response. When I tried to use my template before it had some problems. So I finally got a chance to get back to it this weekend and now have a template that "almost" works. If you want I'll send it to you and maybe you can take a look to what might be needed to finish it. Basically it works, but then you have to follow these three steps to get it to work completely:

1. Make project from mvcDNN template.
2. Change all occurrences of mvcDNN to mvcDNN1.
3. Change all occurrences of mvcDNN11 to mvcDNN1.

That's it and then the module is created. You can use the template to create multiple MVC modules inside your DNN install. It would be great if we could get this working. I know other people in the DNN Community who would like to start programming with MVC inside DNN. Let me know if you'd like the template so far and I'll send it to you.

Thanks very much,

Cheryl

Coordinator
May 10, 2014 at 2:14 AM
You have been added as a developer to this project so feel free to contribute as needed.

I do not use DNN very often anymore so you may be in a better position to contribute to this project.

Thanks,
Jesse
Developer
May 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Thanks very much Jesse.